5:35 AM

Hello, World!

Greetings all!

After much thought and debate, I thought it was finally time to give this a try.

Hi! I'm Whitney (but you can call me Genevieve), and I am a historical dance teacher. I've been doing this for...wow...almost sixteen years now, and I can safely say I have barely scratched the surface of everything there is to learn. It has been an extremely fun trip so far - I've met some absolutely wonderful people, had a chance to travel all over the world, and learned some really fun dances.

This year, I have finally, slowly, began to take steps to make this my eventual full-time profession. I would be lying if I said I wasn't terrified. It took me several tries to even get the page name registered, and a lot more thinking about which name I wanted to use.

I know most people through either my real name, or an ever-growing list of character names from various faires and festivals. But which should I use? Through the years I've been a fairy, an English Court Lady, a French Joust Maiden, the Queen of England, the Queen of Ireland and the Queen of the Elves (just to name a few). None of those names ever really stuck, so I decided to go with Genevieve - a name I chose specifically to use as my Dance Mistress character.

So here I am - new name, new blog...same old colors. Expect lots of green and blue :)

Welcome, and its wonderful to be here!

7 comments:

Sandy said...

Welcome to the world of blogging, it's great fun and a good way to connect with people. Some who blog about similar things, others you just find interesting.

Hello fellow Ohioan, swing by for a visit. The welcome always out.

Sandy

J Bubblegum said...

You need to learn the cajun two-step!

Genevieve said...

@Sandy - Thank you for the warm welcome! I've been putting this off for way too long!

@JBubblegum - I'm from Texas - two-stepping is what we do best!

Jessica said...

Yay! Congratulations on finally jumping in! Let me know if there's any way I can help out :)

Having been one of your many students, I can say that you are an absolutely fantastic teacher, and I hope this goes very well for you :)

Genevieve said...

@Jessica - Aw sweetie! You're so sweet to say so! I miss dancing in your garage with all our friends - good times :)

Bethany said...

Yay blog time! You can make the transition, you're wonderful! Miss you much and best wishes! I'll be staying tuned.

Genevieve said...

@Bethany - thank you sweetie - this is a lot easier to do knowing People I love are being so supportive!

Post a Comment