5:00 PM

The only thing I really missed having....

...was a radio.

Just got finished working the Origins Game Fair. The Historical Society was putting on a dinner theater - Murder Mystery Friday night, and I was along to help out. I was playing one of the mannequins that comes to life (we're doing a Night at the Museum type story), but that was the secondary part for me.

I'm just going to admit this right out: I love running crew. I adore organizing, running props, finding actors, talking to organizers and all of that. I love the sore feet, the clipboard of power, the schmoozing...all of it. The older I've grown, the more and more I enjoy doing the background work. It is so rewarding to see the plan come together.

The show went off without a hitch (except for the room being a little large). They want to do more next year - different stories, more time periods, encouraging costumes. I'm totally excited to be a part of all of this. I also totally want to do a Steampunk Murder Mystery, but that's just my own pipe and cog dream, I think ;)

Hopefully, I'll have more crew work soon. Keep your fingers crossed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment