7:27 AM

15th Century Hats!



This spring, I am going to be helping out with a really fantastic event - Lysts on the Lake - put on by an old and dear friend of mine, Steve Hemphill. It's going to be out on Richard Garriot's property - where I've previously done birthday parties and a bit of theater. I'm incredibly excited about it!

What is even more exciting is that I'm going to get a whole new costume for it -- Mid-15th Century Burgundian. Which means....really awesome hats. Check these portraits of Mary of Burgundy out!

I love the hat on the left one. LOVE. Like, so much. But most of you are well aware that I adore hats - the larger and more crazy period hat the better. I need to check up and see whether or not this is actually a semi-period drawing, or if it is one of the later 'reinterpretations' of the time, but hopefully its alright. If you click on the pictures, it will open them in another window so you can see them a little more clearly.

The right hand one, I am enamored of the dress. It's later period than I think Dawn was hoping for, as it is lacking the v-neck you see a little earlier in time, but I love the brocade. I can't wait to get started on this project! Anything that lets me wear a pointy hat is awesome in my book!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I was looking at some of your posts on this website and I conceive this web site is really instructive! Keep putting up..
Hats

Post a Comment